The Communities of Brockton Easthope, Shipton and Stanton Long are situated in the Corvedale and along Wenlock Edge in South Shropshire.
- There are three churches in the communities in Easthope, Shipton and Stanton Long
- There is a village hall in Shipton that serves all the communities.
- A preschool group meets regularly in the village hall.
- Brockton WI also uses the hall for its meetings.
- A thriving primary school is situated in Brockton.
- The school’s catchment area covers the three parishes. Children from outside the catchment area also travel to the school for a traditional village school education.
- There is also a village pub in Brockton The Feathers.
- The area has several farms both livestock and arable, there is very little industry and there is no shop or post office in the area.
In early 2008 the combined Parish Council of Easthope, Shipton & Stanton Long (which also incorporates the rural village of Brockton) were presented with an opportunity to partake in an initiative to produce a Parish Plan for the community. Funding was made available from the Shropshire Rural Community Council and, with their support and guidance, a consultation process and review was undertaken seeking to establish the views of the wider community and to bring those views together to formulate a cohesive and inclusive Parish Plan for the combined Parish.
The consultation process highlighted a number of issues and concerns of residents and ideas and options were explored to address these concerns. Summaries of the findings and results give rise to an overall action plan providing a framework and way forward that attempts to meet the aspirations of the community as a whole and is detailed in the following pages.
We would like to thank the residents of the Parish who took time to present their views and the members of the Parish Council and its Clerk for their work involved in this process. Further thanks should be extended for the support given by Shropshire Rural Community Council and Bridgnorth District Council
Cherry Oaks Farm
74 Lower Monkhall
t: 01746 785571